Curriculum maps are valuable planning tools for teachers…helping them to begin with the end in mind.
Curriculum mapping is a system that:
- Thematically aligns assessment, curriculum and instruction
- Can be thought of as working backwards - starting with enduring understandings, then the how…
- Identifies core content, processes, and assessment
- Improves communication and instruction in all areas of curriculum
- Addresses standards-based essential skills and concepts
- Understanding what is taught and when in all subjects and all grades
- Helps to foster conversation about curriculum and instruction among all faculty members
- Helps to identify interdisciplinary common threads
- Flexible format for reflection and adjusting lesson units
- Useful in identifying seams and gaps; repetition in scope and sequence
- Supports horizontal and vertical alignment
PNG Curriculum Maps are portable in-house documents that are posted to the website.
Click here for district Curriculum Maps.